Open source CRM projects are flourishing stupendously; just do a quick search in SourceForge Inc. and you will find more than 350 active open CRM projects listed there. How do we pick the good apples from this huge database?
Fortunately, focus.com has done the hard work and identified top ten open source CRM solutions. Here’s an overview.
- Sugar CRM Inc. is a major player in the open source CRM category that was founded by John Roberts, Clint Oram and Jacob Taylor in 2004. Being downloaded for more than three million times, company received almost $26 million in venture financing
- Splendid CRM Software Inc., founded in 2005, runs an application that is specifically designed for system integrators and is built on the Microsoft platform.
- Centric CRM with its seven years of experience in the field has been aimed to serve small business market. The application is written in Java that is compatible with MySQL databases and the administrative console in this app allow for a great deal of customization
- Hipergrate rated as “the most complete open-source Java CRM and groupware” actually has everything in its application. Being written in Java, this app is operating system independent and includes an assortment of functional modules
- Compiere Inc. provides a complete ERP and CRM application collaborated with a fantastic support for marketing and sales, human resources, inventory control and much more
- Vtiger CRM built upon the LAMP/WAMP architecture offers features like inventory-management, security-management, multiple database support, product-customization and calendaring along with some add-ons like Outlook Plug-in, Office Plug-in, Thunderbird Extension, Customer Self-service Portal and Web Forms
- Centra View Inc’s first version that supported Linux and Windows 2000/XP platforms was released in November 2004. But, today the software is offered in both hosted and downloadable forms
- XRMS CRM is an on-premise solution for companies of different sizes. This web based application is completely operating system independent and comes upgraded with human-resources management, SFA and CRM
- Cream CRM is a multilingual application written in Java and Java script that tracks services, sales orders, shipments, payments, online and print subscriptions. So, it is basically designed for media organizations
For more details on these CRM solutions, just follow the link http://www.focus.com/briefs/top-10-open-source-crm-solutions/